|VABC’s sixth annual fundraising event, Sounding Off For A Cure, was held on Thursday, June 16, 2011 at The Hammerstein in New York City. Funds raised from the event will go toward research to find a cure for brain cancer.
We’d like to extend a huge thank you to YOU - the donors, attendees, sponsors, and supporters. Because of you, we raised over $900,000 for brain cancer research and support programs.
Live performances and celebrity guests:
- Tony Danza - Master of Ceremonies
- Lou Gramm of Foreigner
- Accompanied by Havana San Juan Symphony Orchestra directed by Louis Bauzo
- Featuring tributes to Bob Marley, George Harrison and Celia Cruz
We are proud to have presented awards to the following individuals:
- Tracy T. Batchelor, MD (Massachusetts General Hospital & Harvard Medical School) with the 2011 Gary Lichtenstein Humanitarian Award
- Pedro Martinez (Major League Baseball Star) with the 2011 Voices Award
- The Goldenberg, Rhein & Shapiro Families with the 2011 Vision of Hope Award
- Marc Anthony with the first ever Sounding Off For The Cure Award
- Eden Burkhardt and Corrine Swineford with the 2011 Caregiver Awards
- Avis Richards with the 2011 Ambassador Award
- Adam Miller with the 2011 Young Leader Award
The event chairs were Jennifer & Andrew Hoine, Charmi & Wayne Mirsky, Todd Gold, and Steven Sadoff.
We are proud to have presented 2011 Courage Awards to these individuals who have bravely battled brain cancer and brain tumors: Christian Betencourt, Michael Bloomberg, Jamie Clouser, Janice Durham, Laren V. Farber MD, Amy Leiken, Freddy Lugo, Aaron Serrano, and Sam Sneed.
Watch Marc Anthony’s acceptance video: